Monday, May 26, 2014

                                                 
I have been playing with the church cookie a bit more.  I am trying to figure out how to get the names of the bride and groom on a banner hanging from the church.  I tried just using edible ink markers ( like I did for the people) but it didn't look right.  I think I will try royal icing transfers next.  That is where you pipe the design onto a silicone mat, let it dry and then fasten it to the cookie with icing.  They are delicate so you have to make a lot of them. 

Today is Memorial Day and I am not sure if we are going to go to the parade or not.  I would like to but I promised my daughter several days ago that I would take her to a McDonalds with a play place because she earned it on her potty chart. It might not seem like a big deal to go to McDonalds but for some reason she LOVES it and the nearest one is an hour away!   Argh why do I use the word promise? She never forgets when I promise her something...

I was thinking back to last Memorial Day and I remembered that I had made all of these cookies to sell at an artisan fair in town.  We ended up having a crazy rain/snow storm and the event was cancelled!  It was very disappointing. Although I don't know what was worse, making all of those cookies for nothing, or snow the last week in May!
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment