Thursday, May 8, 2014

Filigree

I love making these swirly filigree cookies, it is really soothing once you get into the rhythm of it.  I like the smooth finish but you can also let the base layer of icing dry and then pipe on the filigree design to add some texture.
To make the bronze bead border I use Wilton edible shimmer dust.  You just mix it with alcohol or vanilla and paint it on.  It is a little bit time consuming but it just adds a little sparkle to the cookies and who doesn't want a little sparkle in their life?  Below are the cookies before I painted on the shimmer dust...



Well it is finally starting to feel like spring around here.  My husband even mowed the lawn and it smelled sooo good! The other day when we were outside playing we had a young moose visit us.  I have not seen very many moose in Vermont but this little guy was just hanging out by the road in front of our house.  Cars kept stopping to look at him but he didn't care.  When he did start to run my daughter said that she didn't know moose could prance.  So here is a photo of the dainty prancing moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment