Wednesday, April 23, 2014

 Happy Easter!  We had a great Easter in New Hampshire. The sun was shining and the kids were playing.  I love Easter egg hunts.  The kids always have so much fun and they don't really care if there is anything in the eggs or not, they just want to hunt for the eggs!  I made egg cookies for our daughter and our nieces and nephew.
                                                                
I also made my first cookie box filled with micro robin's eggs.  It was fun to make and it reminded me of hanging drywall in a house when I was an Americorps volunteer.  That may seem like a bit of a jump but let me explain! After the square cookies were baked I used a micro plane (which looks like a big file) to even out the sides of the cookies and square everything off.  It was just like using that big file to grate down the sides of the drywall to make it fit in the closets and what not.  It is sort of like a puzzle. 
                                  
The little cookies are really easy to pop in your mouth as you walk by so if you make them watch out, they disappear quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment